Feel like you’ve over indulged this Christmas? Don’t panic! First and foremost, falling off track for a small period of time is natural and entirely human. Anyone who preaches clean eating for months and months on end without even the smallest of slip-ups is probably telling a porky!
Try this workout when you have a spare moment either in the morning or at lunch and feel the difference in your daily routine! We understand not everyone has the time to rush to the gym every day with your busy lifestyles;
Open and close your hands with your arms (a) extended in front of you (b) over your head and (c) to your side. Repeat each motion three times.
- Stand behind your desk chair and raise your heels for five seconds. Then, lower your feet and repeat this motion five times.
- Place your arm across your chest and press gently on your elbow. Hold this position for five seconds while turning your head to the opposite direction. Repeat on the other side.
- Shift your weight forward, keep your knee over your ankle and your heels flat on the floor. Hold this lunge position for five seconds and then repeat this motion 10 times. Repeat with the other leg.
- Stand with your legs slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Slowly squat down and hold this position for five seconds. Then, bring your body back up to standing position. Repeat this position 10 times.
- Stand up straight and then bend down and touch your toes.
- March in place for 30 seconds while rolling your shoulders forward and backwards.
- Do 10 star jumps.
- Make sure that your chair is stable and then place your hands in the seat of your chair next to your hips with your legs extended in front. Move your hips in front of the chair and bend your elbows while lowering your body until your elbows are at 90 degrees. Repeat this dipping motion 10 times.
- Hold a water bottle in your right hand with your elbow bent and your arm extended overhead. Repeat on the other side.
- Hold a water bottle in your right hand and with your abs in and spine straight. Slowly curl the bottle towards your shoulder. Repeat with the other arm.
Now that you’re done with your mini workout, grab a refreshing glass of water. If you need to go to another floor to do so, take the stairs instead of the lift to burn some additional calories.
Time to achieve the best that YOU physically can this year in 2016!